Thursday 14 February 2013

Three Fry Jacks and a Drill


After months of trading fishing stories my coworker Stephon and I couldn’t take the fish talk anymore. We grabbed our casting rods and pelted out of the GOAB. On our way out we passed an ever curios Mr. Limbu reminding us “no pishing in da building”.

The weather was perfect and South Sound was looking exceptionally beautiful. The first spot we went to was dry so we packed up and hit a nice spot on the iron shore south of Smiths Cove. It wasn’t long and we had a strike followed by a little Fry Jack. The clock was ticking… so we took off once more and stopped in at Smith’s Cove where we managed to get another nice Jack. Against the clock and trying to prove that fishing can be accomplished within a lunch hour, we promptly headed back to the GOAB. During the drive back I started noticing the lovely aroma of fresh fish wafting from my hands. As I got closer to work I couldn’t help but wonder if anyone would notice our slightly sweaty, fishy state. To our surprise we meet-up with the RCIPS blocking Elgin Avenue and diverting traffic. We would soon discover that we had fortunately missed the ever eminent Facilities Management fire drill. With droves of eager civil servants ready to get back to their work no one noticed the two smelly fishermen returning from lunch. Stephon dashed back just in time to film a live press briefing. On the way home with my two little Jacks I thought to myself wouldn’t it be great to have one more. So, I pulled off at the spots dock casted my line a few times and landed the last of my supper.

 
Fry Jack Recipe
3 jacks
1 onion
1 Tbs - Natures seasoning
½ cup - White Corn Meal
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment